Many of you may or may not be done with their Christmas shopping or you’ve already purchased some great items for under the tree. Regardless, it’s never too late to check your list twice and that includes for possible toys that may be defective or cause undue harm to yourself of your family.
To that end, take a look at this list of 15 Dangerous Toys that could Actually Kill You and which have been recalled in 2014 by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
Some of the items on the list include:
- GUNGGUNG Child’s Swing
- Ace Bayou Bean Bag Chairs
- Big Sword Fountain Devices
- Mission Archery MXB Crossbows
- 2014 Cannondale Tandem Bicycles
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) toy-related injuries have risen 40% since 1990. For children under 3, choking remains the biggest hazard with 14 children treated every day for toy-related choking issues. For older children aged 5-17 the risk of injury is tied to riding-related injuries caused by bikes, wagons, powered scooters and others.
To protect yourself against these and other dangerous toys parents should remember these tips:
- Check the labels to make sure toys are used properly and to read any warnings.
- Buy a helmet, especially if you are using any motorized or riding toys.
- Look at the battery compartment, make sure it is screwed close or has a child-proof closing mechanism.
- Avoid toys with magnets. These can cause serious problems if digested and if not.
- Visit Recalls.gov. Stay up-to-date on toy recalls to best protect your family.
About the Author.
This post was written by the The Reeves Law Group. If anyone is still in need of presents for their loved ones this holiday season, make sure to stay far away from these this holiday season.Filed under Parenting Advice | Comment (0)